Natural Dyes and Authentic Colours.
Our specialism is naturally dyed wool, silk and linen, but we also make and sell a variety of other products. We draw on our backgrounds in Living History, Botany, Archaeology, heritage education and heritage crafts of many kinds.
We can provide:
- Guided use of a set of quern stones and a hand made replica Iron Age loom.
- Spinning, weaving and natural dyeing workshops.
- Natural dyeing demonstrations, talks and presentations
- Historical outreach sessions for schools and other groups- A costumed guide with a range of reconstructed possessions to take you through daily life in the past and answer any questions!
- Colour matching in natural dyes.
- Advice on which colours are suitable in your historical period.
We can also provide all workshops etc. in a range of historical periods: specifically Iron Age / Roman, Medieval, and Tudor / Stuart. We are soon hoping to add Viking / Saxon.
We are always open to new projects, please contact us if you have a commission, to purchase any of our products or for any further information.
What can we bring?
- Two large canvas tents.
- An authentic style fire stand, to ensure site safety.
- A set of quern stones which can be used.
- A hand made replica Iron Age warp-weighted loom.
- Smaller looms for individuals to use.
- Dyestuffs from all periods of history and examples of their colours.
- Ochres of different colours.
- Drop spindles and spinning wheels.
We can give demonstrations and workshops on more aspects of life than ever before.