Through the year we travel to a number of different events (see Upcoming Events), if you would like to book us for an event:
We can provide:
- Natural dyeing demonstrations, talks and presentations
- A shop with lots of colourful, locally made, artisan wares.
- Spinning, weaving and felting workshops and quiet space.
- Guided use of a hand made replica Iron Age loom, quern stones and other textile related equipment.
- Historical outreach sessions for schools and other groups- A costumed guide with a range of reconstructed possessions to take you through daily life in the past.
- Advice on which colours are suitable in your historical period.
- Consultation on academic archaeological, textile reconstruction or dyeing related questions.
We can also provide all workshops etc. in a range of historical periods: specifically Iron Age / Roman / Saxon /Viking/ Medieval/ Tudor/ Stuart.
What can we bring?
- A 4.5m x 4m medieval style workshop tent.
- A 4.5m x 4.5m shop and display tent.
- An authentic style raised, wood fired, dyeing grid, in a roped off demonstration area.
- Large wooden half barrels for storing water for dyeing and for safety.
- A set of quern stones which can be used by the public.
- A hand made replica Iron Age warp-weighted loom.
- Smaller looms for individuals to use.
- Drop spindles and spinning wheels.
- Dyestuffs from all periods of history and examples of their colours.
- A range of pigments and Ochres of different colours.
We can give demonstrations and workshops on most textile related topics.
Workshops at Hardwick:
We are currently developing our workshop space at our base in south Oxfordshire and once restrictions are lifted we are looking forward to being able to run a program of workshops.